Monday, April 4, 2011

#20: Minister's Delight! (dessert)

Dear Tiffany,
 Sorry I haven't been posted in awhile- you've been almost as busy as I have.  But when I went over and found you shopping the freezer section again, I got a little worried!

Though I will say, I was very proud to see you show up with your crock pots at church sunday. Your group's food was amazing!

This is the easiest dessert you will ever make.  Its also amazing, and super sugary.  I found it on allrecipes.com and adapted it a bit.  It uses canned pie filling, but the next time I make it I want to see if I can do it cheaper/healthier with fresh fruit, or regular canned fruit. 

The Basics:
Prep time: About 5 minutes, then 2-3 hours in the crock pot.

Good for leftovers: if there are any.
servings:  10-15
cost: about $10-$15

Ingredients:
2 cans fruit pie filling (such as apple or cherry, maybe even blueberry.  You will find these with the cake mixes, not with the regular canned goods).  You could stretch it further and do even 3 or 4 cans.

1 box cake mix
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup butter, melted

The Process:
Dump the pie filling into the crockpot.  In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the melted butter into the cake mix.  It will be crumbly.  Pour the cake mix- butter-mixture evenly over the pie filling in the pot, but don't worry if it doesn't look too even or pretty.  Its not going to look pretty but it will taste fantastic.  Sprinkle your nuts over the top, put the lid on, and cook on low for 2-3 hours.

This is really great with ice cream on top too.  It will look like mush.  It will smell wonderful.  And it will taste even better.  Just ask all the kids that came to basketball/tae kwon do camp.  or MattyK.  I told them they couldn't have seconds because if I gave them too much sugar I'd get in trouble with Teacher Matt.  There were definitely no leftovers.

We will have another sister-date soon!
Love,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment