Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Don't let the chicken get all dried out. (its a Hunt thing)

Mary, remember our trip to New York like 12 years ago?  "Would you like some plastic chicken?"


Tiff, today I learned something about chicken in the crockpot.  The hard way.  Well, sort of.  It was still good, and edible, just...dry instead of juicy...and didn't absorb the flavors I wanted it to.


I've done chicken in the crockpot many many times, and never had an issue.  But apparently, white meat with little fat (such as the boneless, skinless chicken breasts I was cooking with) won't hold its juice when you cook it that long.  Next time, I need to either a) do the same recipe but in the oven, b) sear the chicken first to seal in the juices, or c) drown it in liquid.  or d) use dark meat.


This is for those of you who think my food always tastes great- it doesn't.  Its just that I don't usually share it until I get it right :P.  But looks like my family will be my guinea pigs!  (with my mom's expertise to help me troubleshoot why certain recipes don't turn out how they should :) )

3 comments:

  1. Binance Customer Support Phone Number 1888-399-2543
    The world’s biggest cryptocurrency money according to exchanging volume, Binance, has cleared another demo

    video for its decentralized trade i.e. Named Binance DEX preceding its ship toward the start of the year 2019.

    Got discharged on Wednesday, the video portrays the Binance DEX exchanging interface with a web crypto wallet,

    notwithstanding, the adventurer for Binance’s local open Blockchain, Binance chain, which will be made on the

    tesetnet premise soon. For more data, approach Binance support number which is practical during the time for

    help.
    Binance Support Number
    Binance Support
    Binance Support Phone Number
    click here:- https://www.cryptocurrencysupport.info/exchange/binance/
    click here:- https://www.linkedin.com/company/binance-exchange-login/
    click here:- https://www.linkedin.com/company/binance-helpdesk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quicken 2019 update its latest version with new features. Issues in quicken is very hectic and can hamper your workflow. Connecting Quicken Support is the best option for users, and you can dial our Quicken Support Phone Number to fetch immediate solution to the error you are facing.

    ReplyDelete