Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#12: Quick & Easy Sauteed Shrimp

Dear Tiff,
You won't find me writing about seafood that often, because as much as I love it, my paycheck tends to go away too fast when I buy seafood.  But last week, I was blessed with shrimp by the amazing, wonderful, sometimes outrageous Joey Le, and he bought too much for his shrimp cocktail, so he gave me the rest.  (I think he just didn't want to peel any more).  Well I had taken them out to thaw yesterday before my dinner plans changed, and I realized today I needed to eat them quick!  Not in the mood for anything too laborious, so here's what I did.


1.  Peel your shrimp, devein them if you want to (I'm usually too lazy too since its just an aesthetic thing, you don't have to).
2. Heat some olive oil in a skillet.  throw in some garlic (mine was minced but if yours is whole that's fine), shake in some salt, and stir in your shrimp.
3. cook until the shrimp are pink, turning them over once.  This should only take about 3 minutes.



I made the mistake of adding the garlic at the beginning and then taking too long to peel my shrimp, and as a result, I burned some of the garlic.  You, however, will wait to add the garlic until you're adding your shrimp, and then you won't have burnt-garlic-scented-kitchen.  The shrimp and the pasta I served it over came out great...minus the burned garlic, of course.  Yum. It feels like fancy food.  So if you ever get blessed with shrimp, you'll know what to do with it! :)


Love,
Joy


PS we need to hang out after the holidays.  Its been too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment